Thursday 7 November 2013

Slow Cooker / Crock Pot Bread

Everyone is trying to save money especially when it comes to electricity and of course for me personally living in the sub tropics and dealing with the humid heat I will do anything to avoid turning the oven on in the summer lol.

I make no knead bread a lot because it is just so easy and inexpensive but cooking it in the oven kind of detracts from the savings I am trying to make especially with electricity so I decided to give my slow cooker a go and my bread turned out so fantastic I had to share it.
 I  hope you also enjoy making, eating and saving money with this bread

No Kneed Bread recipe is really simple

3 cup of plain flour
1/4 teaspoon of instant yeast
and enough water to make sure your dough is mixed well and wet not dry.
 Mix these ingredients in a bowl and cover with glad wrap (or shower cap to save on plastic)  leave on your bench for at least 12 hours.

here is a link if you want see full  instructions on making no Knead bread 


http://murwillumbahlivingonless.blogspot.com.au/2013_10_01_archive.html

once you have made your dough 

YOU WILL NEED

 A slow cooker lined with grease proof paper or brown paper




flour the paper





Turn your Cooker to HIGH and put on lid




COOK FOR TWO HOURS on high  and try to not remove the lid as it lets heat out



here is the end result,  beautiful bread which is lovely and soft and perfect for sandwiches , it is crisp on the bottom




and if you want a crusty bread the  put under your grill for a few minutes to get it to look like this 




here is what the bread looks like inside and it has not been under the grill as I like soft bread





The Quiet Achiever

No comments:

Post a Comment