Monday 21 October 2013

No Knead BREAD

I thought I would post this as it the easiest bread you can make, it is lovely and can be ready by the time you have cooked dinner.

you will need

3 cups of plain unbleached four
1/4 teaspoon salt ( I like rock salt)
1/2 teaspoon rapid rise or instant yeast
1and 1/2 cups of water or enough to make a wet dough not a dry one.
1/4 cup of sugar if needed but I never use it.
Bowl lol

in a bowl put the flour, salt and yeast add the water tap water is fine. (I find depending on the quality that you may need a little more water which is fine) mix with a spoon or spatchula until all ingredients are mixed into a nice dough,
Cover with glad wrap or cling wrap and leave on the beach *(not the fridge) for no less than 12 hours and up to 18 hours.

When you are ready to cook the bread put some flour on a board and tip out the dough and let it sit for 30 min while the oven preheats at 265c. place dough into a dutch oven or casserole dish with the lid on for 30 minutes then remove lid for up to 15 more minutes to get a nice crunchy crust.
I add herbs or pesto to this bread as well and often cheese too.

water, yeast, flour and salt mixed in a bowl and covered with glad wrap leave for between 12 and 18 hours YOUR BREAD WILL RISE 


heat your oven with the casserole dish or dutch oven inside and tip your bread dough onto a flour covered board letting it rest for the 30 minutes that the oven and dish are preheating.


DO NOT KNEAD THIS BREAD pull it and fold it once 
take your HOT dish out of the oven toss in a little flour,(no oil needed) then pop the bread dough in as well



You can use any dish you like or tin I just prefer the dutch oven
then after 30 min take lid off and bake uncovered for another 15 min so as to get a nice crust , if you are not using a covered dish then skip this tip lol


I made my dough yesterday so I could do the photos for the tutorial.

I like to make the dough before I go to bed, then before dinner the next evening I will cook it as I love it with home made soup but it is easy to make if you are having guests and you know ahead of time.

The Quiet Achiever

No comments:

Post a Comment