Monday 7 October 2013

worcestershire sauce

HOME MADE tastes FANTASTIC AND EASY



I feel like a Princess trapped in a tower waiting to be rescued in the summer as the heat here is awful. I spend most of summer inside in the air conditioning and the prince I wait on is the cooler months or winter lol, anyway while I wait to be rescued I cook and today I am making my years supply of worcestershire sauce although I make it more like a thick sauce or a relish.

So here is the recipe which is my fav .

3 large brown onions
1kg (2lbs) brown sugar
1 orange
1.3kg (3lbs) green apple
4.5 liters (1 gallon) brown vinegar
2 tablespoons ground ginger
4 tablespoons salt
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons cloves

Put all ingredients including cut up fruit and onions into a pot, boil slowly for 3 hours, strain, bottle and cork when cool.

I prefer to blend the mixture when it is cold and then bottle as it makes the sauce thicker.

This sauce will last for up to a year and better for you than store
bought.




THE QUIET ACHIEVER

No comments:

Post a Comment